You might think that a household appliance might not be such a great investment, but that is just what the Rowenta DW8080 Pro Master Steam Iron is; it is a good investment in so many ways.
It will help you break records in steam ironing jobs. It’s also tough and robust and will last a considerable amount of time. The Pro Master will treat your clothes with love and not damage them. There are many more reasons why you should consider investing in the Pro Master as a steam iron for the job.
When considering a home appliance that you have no technical understanding of then sometimes it is the wise plan to go for a renowned brand name, and in this case, you cannot get much better than Rowenta. In most cases, higher prices give the consumer the guarantee that the product is well researched and developed with quality components. And with the Rowenta DW8080 Pro Master, you certainly get more than you bargained for.
Features of the Rowenta DW8080 Pro Master Household Steam Iron for Quilting
- Patented Microsteam 400 Soleplate – No other manufacturer has the right to manufacture a steam iron with the technology which Rowenta currently own. Most of Rowenta’s higher-end models are manufactured with 400 holes of stainless steel soleplate. This is specifically designed to dispense steam throughout the entire soleplate.
- Powerful Steam – While the constant steam output is a minimal 40g/min, the burst is a lot more powerful than other models at approximately 200g/min.
- Extra Large Water Tank – This model has a 12.7 oz water tank capacity. It is necessary for a bigger water tank because the iron produces much more steam. This will reduce the amount of having to refill the tank every few minutes.
- Self-Cleaning System – The last thing that you need is to manually clean the iron. This could mean wasted time or accidental damage to the iron. You will find in most Rowenta models that the appliance is built with a self-cleaning system. These units letting off a powerful burst of steam, cleaning the 400 holes soleplate while in the process of ironing. It is also incorporated with an anti-calc system that prevents limescale build-up increasing the lifespan of the product.
If you think about it you can only truly know a product if you’ve been exactly been using it for an extended period of time. This is why we’ve gone through hundreds of reviews to find out if the Rowenta DW8080 is truly a steam iron that you can be proud of. You can see and read the reviews of many consumers of the Rowenta DW8080 Master Pro steam iron, the pros, and cons of this particular household appliance.
Made in Germany
We’ve compared two other models, the DW5080 and DW6080 against the DW8080 Master Pro and came to the conclusion that the DW8080 is slightly bulkier and heavier than the former two but compared to the country of origin we’ve found that all 3 models are manufactured in Germany. This gives the consumer a quality guarantee that the steam iron is made with craftsmanship and will last longer than products that are manufactured in China.
Larger Water Tank
It is safe to say that the reason for its larger and bulkier design is partly because of its larger 12.7 oz water tank and thicker handle. With that said, the overall weight of the steam iron especially when full of water may be an issue for some customers with smaller hands or hand injuries. When ironing for extended periods of time this can lead to fatigue in the hands and shoulders. To increase comfortability the handle is covered with a soft round cushion.
You have probably seen and heard this a lot, but we need to emphasize this because this is one of those features that make this iron a top competitor in its category. With its 400 holes, Microsteam scratch-resistant soleplate manufactured from stainless steel which gives this iron a smoother ironing surface you can rest assured that the possibility of damage to your clothing is slim. Furthermore, the 400 steam holes at the bottom of the soleplate are responsible for evenly distributing steam throughout the entire soleplate.
Another well-known feature on the Rowenta steam irons is the precision tip. The preciseness of the tip allows the user to reach hard to get places such as collars and maneuver between buttons. To make things even more comfortable and easier for the ironer the tip caters for a large number of steam holes to ensure that hard to reach areas on a piece of clothing are well steamed.
- It comes with an extra-large 12.7 oz capacity water tank so depending on how much steam you use during the ironing process, it can save you the trouble from refilling it often like you would have to with many other low-cost steam irons.
- Produce a moderate 40g/min continuous steam, but the powerful steam burst is rated at 200g/min, excelling Rowenta’s other similarly priced steam irons for home use.
- A 1700 watt power output provides this model with the amount of steam it can produce.
- Vertical steaming of clothes and hanging linen is made possible through the powerful burst of steam.
- In addition to all the above positive features this model heats up very quickly, and this is indicated by the illuminated light at the base of the handle, This light will turn off indicating that the iron has reached maximum heat.
- For safety features and like almost all the models in the Rowenta product line the DW8080 Pro Master come with a three-way auto-off function which turns itself off within a certain period of time of inactivity.
- With the larger water tank when filled to the brim, this iron can be quite heavy for some users, ironing long periods of time.
- Even with the larger water tank, you may frequently refill the tank, especially when using the steam function more often.
- The navy blue color water tank makes it difficult to see how much water is currently in the tank.
- The water tank cover can sometimes be difficult to snap into place.
The Rowenta DW8080 Pro Master Steam Iron is excellent value for money, and the Rowenta brand is a leading brand for years. Their products have been manufactured with the latest technology but also have a longer lifespan than most steam irons on the market.
This inexpensive steam iron is probably not the cheapest of the Rowenta brand or even on the market but rest assure that you can expect value for money.
The features and benefits far overweigh the cons and are listed as one of the best performing steam irons in its price category. Its overall build quality is exceptional while the user can expect a bunch of safety features and to top it all off, a patented 400 holes stainless steel soleplate to experience a flawless ironing workout.