This post contains affiliate links. Which means I may earn commission from links on this page
Rowenta steam irons are well known for quality and performance. This brand is loved by shoppers from all over the world. In this review, we will have a closer look at the Rowenta DW9280 Steamforce Iron. After reading this review you’ll have a better understanding of why customers crave these steam irons. We’ll be looking at the DW9280 features the pros and of cause the cons.
This is a remarkable steam iron for home use that is matchless in its versatility, comes with a variety of automatic safety features and an excellent iron for those who iron a lot! It’s known to remove wrinkles at an impressive rate, user-friendly controls with adjustable steam settings that allow it to accommodate different types of materials.
Rowenta DW9280 Steamforce Review
The iron comes with the following features:
- Stainless steel soleplate
- Ready-Temp system
- Spray mist
- Steam burst with a precision shot
- Variable steam
- Vertical steam
- Smart steam motion sensor
- 3-way auto-off
- Size: 11.4″ x 4.9″ x 6″
Typically we will think of when we creating more power more problems will surface but in this case, this is farfetched. We’ve gone through dozens of reviews from happy customers and came to one conclusion the Rowenta DW9280 Steamforce Iron can handle this power extremely well.
Design & Construction
The Rowenta DW9280 SteamForce steam iron has the same shape to the rest of the Rowenta models within its range with its sloping back, solid with a robust handle and slim curved design to the precision sharp tip. However, this model presents itself beautifully with its electric blue housing which fits any décor even if you store it away on top of your kitchen cabinet.
Just beneath the handle, you’ll find the round thermostat dial which controls the materials and temperature settings. When closely inspect you’ll also see the ready-temp LED indicator at the back of the iron. This indicator will lid up when the desired temperature is reached for a specific material, this will indicate that you can start ironing. Just opposite the thermostat dial, you should find the self-clean button.
The steam release button is situated on top of the iron, so it is readily available with the push of the thumb even when you are ironing mode. The water refill tank is in front and can be refilled by opening the top edge when a water refill is needed.
To stop water from leaking while ironing Rowenta has attached a stopper just beneath the lid which acts as an anti-drip system. It will click in position when shut.
The water level can be observed from the side when the iron is vertical position as the window is transparent and frosted. The maximum fill line is near the tip and the water tank can hold up to 10.8 ounces of water.
Just beneath the water tank opening, you will see the spray button which releases a cool light mist. This helps to remove stubborn wrinkles. The Rowenta DW9280 is engineered with a 360-degree pivotal corded electrical wire. Its 7-feet (2.1 meters) in length giving you enough room to move along the iron board when ironing.
The micro steam 400 hole platinum soleplate is manufactured from stainless steel and coated with an extra ultra-thin silicate coating. This ensures a stronger and smoother soleplate surface for the perfect glide when ironing back and forth. It is also non-stick and is engineered with scratch-resistant properties so you won’t need to worry about any hooking or accidental damage to your clothing.
Steam is distributed evenly from 400 steam holes on the bottom of the soleplate and at the tip, there is a group of these spray vents on the tip of the soleplate which ensures a precision shot into hard to reach places such as collar and between buttons.
Should You Invest in the Rowenta DW9280 Steam Force Iron?
- LED display – The LED light blinks until the maximum temperature is reached. It also starts blinking when it is cooling down or when you decrease the temperature setting. This makes it easy to see when compared with other irons on the market with just a shining light.
- Plenty of steam – More than enough steam to tackle stubborn wrinkles with eases even on a variety of materials. Most consumers are happy that the iron heats up quickly in a minute and combined with the steam and power the pump injection technology, the steam burst works excellent on stubborn creases.
- Steam sensor – Most steam irons tend to release unwanted steam even when left in an upwards position when you are re-arranging your clothing. The smart steam sensor builds into the Rowenta DW9280 blocks the iron from steaming unnecessarily to save on water. Another steam iron that conserves water and energy is the Rowenta DW6080
- Reduced ironing time – Most consumers have made the comment of how the Rowenta DW9280 has made ironing tasks easier and faster. This model obviously surpasses the basic models on the market. The heat provided is very hot and with the steam output, you can get things done faster. The large stainless steel soleplate also helps to decrease your ironing jobs.
- Manufactured in Germany – This is Rowena’s best selling point. German-made products will last longer than the products made in China. The expensive Rowenta models are produced in Germany, unlike their cheaper models. The Rowenta DW8080 Pro Master is another model that is manufactured in the European country.
- Heavy – The Rowenta DW9280 Steamforce Iron is a pretty heavy steam iron for home use and has a weight of about 4 lbs compared to say, the Rowenta DW5080 Focus which only weighs about 3 lbs. So, it can be tiresome on the wrist for users who iron for long periods of time.
- Frosted colored water tank – Few buyers have a complaint that the water level is hard to see with the frosted water tank.
- Eats up water – This is because of the high volume of steam output, you will need to refill the tank more often. Some consumers have mentioned refilling is needed after every few t-shirts
The Rowenta DW9280 is one of the most robust steam irons on the market. This model is a conventional steam iron that excels in overall performance. With an auto-off function for safety that powers the iron down when left unused for a short time and a stainless soleplate with 400 steam holes, it is seen as a very economical steam iron for home users. This model also features a Self-Clean system which helps in the longevity of the unit.
We hope you found this review of the Rowenta DW9280 Steamforce Iron helpful in your search of one of the leading brands in steam iron technology.