Are you searching for the best steam iron? The Rowenta DW7180 Everlast Steam Iron can be the last iron that you own. Did you know that hard water is found in 85% of the U.S.? While the minerals won’t harm your health, they can leave unsolvable mineral deposits inside and around kitchen appliances. To combat the scale building process in the DW7180 the company has designed a patented technology called the Anti-calc function which helps with protection against limescale. This steam iron captures the limescale particles in its patented calc collector combined with the effectiveness of a top of the line steam iron which ensures perfect ironing results, time after time.
To make sense of it all we’ve collected some important facts about the Rowenta DW7180 Everlast for you to make a better buying decision.
Rowenta DW7180 Everlast Steam Iron Review
· Patented Scale Collector
· Self Clean
· 1750 Watts of Power
· Patented Stainless Steel Soleplate
· Anti Drip
· Auto Steam
· 3-Way Smart Auto-Off
· Thermostat Knob
What makes Rowenta steam irons better?
- Steam- The more steam it produces the easier it is to iron. Rowenta steam iron soleplates offer unparallel steam distribution across the entire stainless soleplate for better steam penetration and improved ironing.
- Heat – Precise and stable temperatures across Rowenta soleplates. This is because it has a thick central core of aluminum that produces quick and even spread of heat across the entire soleplate.
- Glide – Less resistance means less effort. Rowenta soleplates are manufactured from the highest quality stainless steel which allows for a smoother glide across all types of fabrics.
- Water – Rowenta steam irons are designed to be used with regular tap water.
Patented scale collector
The DW7180 Everlast comes with a removable patented scale collector at the back of the iron to maintain a high level of steam output for optimal performance time after time.
Limescale is automatically collected in the removable tube (1 teaspoon every 3 months on average, depending on water hardness) that is easy to empty.
This model comes with a self-cleaning feature that prolongs the lifespan of the unit. The Anti-Calc mechanism captures large pieces of calc that compliment the Self Clean feature which flushes small calcium particles through the soleplate’s tiny holes. This allows the iron to keep a high-performance level of steam output overtime.
1750 Watts of Power
Contributing to the overall performance of the DW7180 Everlast is the 1750 watts of power. The 1750 watts of power let the iron heats up faster and producing steam quicker which in return produces a powerful shot of steam for effective wrinkle removal from difficult fabrics.
Patented Stainless Steel Soleplate
This uniquely designed soleplate does not only deliver even steam distribution thanks to its patented 400 micro steam holes but also offers a smoother glide across all fabrics. Its high-precision tip works well for getting into hard to reach places like, between buttons, and along seams.
To prevent water from dripping it is necessary for the iron to remain on a constant heat level. This can only be done when the iron produces enough consistent heat combined with power. The DW7180 Everlast Steam Iron has the ability to produce enough heat quickly and efficiently to prevent dripping and spitting when iron.
This neat feature continually adjusts steam output to the desired temperature of the soleplate to help even out stubborn wrinkles from clothes. The auto steam function is also helpful for the user so the operator doesn’t have to manually adjust the steam function whenever a different type of material is used. This takes the guesswork out of ironing.
3-Way Smart Auto-Off
Safety is a main concern for the company and therefore there steam irons feature a 3-way smart auto-off function which minimizes the risk of accidents. This technology gives you peace of mind in the event of you leaving the iron unattended. The Everlast DW7180 automatically switches off within 8 minutes of unused if left in a vertical position and 30 seconds if left unattended on its soleplate or tipped over.
The thermostat knob is positioned just beneath the ergonomic handle for better viewing purposes and provides a precise reading for settings of all fabrics.
- Patented limescale collector.
- The removable collector is easy to use.
- Powerful shot of steam to help with wrinkle removal.
- Patented Microsteam400 soleplate, with 400 fully activated micro steam holes, ensures even and optimal distribution of the steam into the fabric
- Precision tip with microsteam holes to get to hard to reach spaces like collars and pleads.
- 3 Steam options, variable, vertical and steam burst for various ironing needs
- Auto/ off for safety
- 1750W of steam power for optimal ironing results
- 12 oz water tank that gives you 30 minutes of uninterrupted steaming
- 8 ft cord
- Some customers had complained about water leaking after using it for more than a year.
- Compared to similar steam irons on the market, the Rowenta DW7180 is fairly expensive.
We like the fact that the Rowenta DW7180 Everlast Steam Iron has the ability to produce the necessary results that it is manufactured for. It has a nice weight to it so you don’t have to put a lot of pressure on the iron. The smooth glide over fabrics makes ironing efficient while safety measures have been put into place for ease of mind. The results are a better ironing experience with a Rowents DW7180 Everlast.