This post contains affiliate links. Which means I may earn commission from links on this page
Save on energy with the Rowenta DW6080 Eco-Intelligence Steam Iron from Rowenta. This steam iron generates 1700 watts of power while saving 25% more energy compared to other irons on the market. The DW6080 Eco-Intelligence boasts with superior features resulting in a better ironing experience all year long. You get to choose which setting Dry, Eco or Boost will fit your need depending on the type of fabric you work with.
The Rowenta DW6080 is definitely an appealing steam iron for the masses with a sleek look and modern design. The robust casing comes with a detailed green and black color showcasing the energy efficiency of the iron. To get a better perspective on the Eco-Intelligence we need to dig deeper into the features that makes this model stand out from its competitors. This review will highlight all the pros and cons of the Rowenta DW6080 Eco-Intelligence Steam Iron.
Features of the Rowenta Eco-Intelligence DW6080
- 100% Efficiency
- Microsteam400 3De soleplate
- Smart eco position
- Anti-calc system
- 3 Manual steam settings
- User-friendly features
- Safety features
You get professional results every time with the Eco Steam System. The eco-steam system provides the best results with minimal effort. 1700-Watts of power force this model to heat up quickly saving you time and eliminating water spills.
It also produces a powerful shot of burst of steam (180gram/minute) for fast and effective wrinkle removal from difficult fabrics.
Microsteam400 3De soleplate
The Rowenta eco intelligence also features a patented 3D soleplate with 400 holes to reduce steam loss and even distribution of heat. The steam is therefore well-optimized and allows the same ironing results as a average steam iron but with less steam while more energy is saved.
The precision tip on the soleplate allows the user to access hard to reach places like collars, seams, and edges on garments. The front of the tip is manufactured with plenty of steam holes to steam out stubborn creases in tight spaces. The soleplate is designed with a round shape to prevent accidental rips from moving back and forth over the fabric.
Smart Eco Position
The Eco position allows for an optimal steam output to iron efficiently on all fabric types while saving energy.
Eco Steam System: How Does It Work?
The Rowenta Eco-Intelligence Steam Iron is fitted with a unique steam optimization system that offers 3 settings: Dry position, Eco position and Boost position. This gives you the ability to manually adjust the steam output to the desired temperature for specific garments.
To activate the different settings, an ergonomic rotary trigger has been developed for both left and right-handed users.
1. Eco Steam System: The Dry Position
Use the Dry position for the perfect finish.
2. Eco Steam System: The Eco Position
The Eco position delivers the optimal steam output to ensure quality ironing results for most fabrics while saving energy and electric cost.
3. Eco Steam System: The Boost Position
Use the boost position for additional variable steam output for thicker fabrics types and stubborn wrinkles.
Anti- Calc System
Integrated into this model is an anti-scale system to prolong the lifespan of the unit. The calc-away valve automatically collects scale in the boiler which then prevents calcium build-up and impurities. It maintains performances and increases the lifetime of the iron.
3 Manual steam settings
The 3 manual steam settings include Dry for a perfect finish, Boost to help with stubborn creases especially in hard to reach places (180g/Min.), and an Eco setting for energy-saving steam; uses 25% less energy than standard irons.
You can use this power-saving iron in a vertical position, steaming out wrinkles for hanging garments. The Rowenta DW6080 water tank which has a capacity of 10 ounces works with regular tap water. This model is also designed with an anti-drip and self-clean system and has a soft-grip handle for ironing extended periods of time without getting hand fatigue.
All Rowenta steam irons come with some sort of safety feature. When look at the higher priced models likes the Rowenta Steam Station you’ll find the exact safety features like this model mentioned in this review. These safety features involve a 3-way auto-off function which automatically activates 8 minutes of inactivity on the heel and 30 seconds on the soleplate or when left on its side.
- STAINLESS-STEEL SOLEPLATE W/ MICRO STEAM HOLES – Scratch-resistant, a stainless-steel soleplate with high-precision tip; 3D design and 400 micro holes for concentrated steam and thorough distribution
- 3 MANUAL STEAM SETTINGS – Dry for a perfect finish, Boost for stubborn creases (180g/Min.), and Eco for energy-saving steam; uses 25% less energy than standard irons
- ANTI-CALC SYSTEM – Integrated anti-scale system automatically collects scale, helping to extend the life of the iron
- SAFETY FEATURES – 3-way auto-off feature automatically shuts activates when the iron is left unattended for 8 Min. of inactivity on the heel and 30 seconds on the soleplate or tipped over on its side.
- USER-FRIENDLY FEATURES – 1700 W. of power; vertical steam for hanging garments; works with regular tap water; anti-drip and self-clean systems; soft-grip handle
- Cord length is a bit short – only 7 feet long
- Expensive – when we look at the Rowenta Pro Mater DW8080 you get the same features but without the Eco-Intelligence Mode which is not a necessity for most ironers and quilters.
The Rowenta DW6080 Eco-Intelligence provides the user with all the features one can expect from a top of the line steam iron. It is built sturdy with a patented 3D Stainless Steel Soleplate to accelerate your iron task. It is obviously not the cheapest Rowenta model but if you are into the latest technology and would like to save on energy in the long run then we recommend the Eco-Intelligence from Rowenta.